Basic Ecclesial Communities
BEC CORE GROUP
Fr. Nelson B. Bisco, CM
Mrs. Amelia V. Reyes
Overall BEC Coordinator
Sr. Joy Cabug-os, DCV
Ms. Natividad C. Maraya
Parish Pastoral Worker
Ms. Saturnina Dacula
Mr. Noel Lopera
KoC / Extraordinary Minister of the Eucharist
Mrs. Loreto R. Zapa
A COMMUNION OF HEARTS
In 1995 Fr. Roland A. Tuazon, CM, with the assistance of the Daughters of Charity, organized what is now the Sucat Basic Ecclesial Community. It followed close on the heels of the 1991 Second Plenary Council of the Philippines’ adoption of the BEC, the Church of the Poor, as the Church’s priority concern.
For ten years now, since 2007, it had been under the pastoral care of the Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal National Shrine Parish. The clusters of families refer to themselves as Kristyanong Samahang Magkakapitbahay or KRISMA – a very apt acronym that easily conjures a unity in Christ of the members who are mostly mothers. The 33 clusters come from Barangay Sucat’s various puroks, sitios and zones.
Each cluster is made up of from 10 to 15 families who closely know each other, warts and all. They share a sense of belongingness and responsibility in uplifting their spirituality and enhancing their temporal resources.
To keep this community spirit alive, each cluster commits itself to regular involvement in meetings and assemblies with other clusters. A core group leadership holds them together. These servant/leaders, in consultation with the parish priest, prepare an annual action plan that reflects the 3-pronged mission of BECs of being prophetic, priestly and kingly.
The year 2017 reprises the standard activities that have kept the community afloat through the ebbs and flows of life in poverty, with needed timely variations.
A. Prophetic – as they proclaim and witness to God’s Word through evangelization, announcing God’s kingdom and denouncing the evil of sin.
- Weekly Bible Study/Sharing per selda
- Sunday catechesis for children per area
- May Flower celebration in honor of the Blessed Mother during weekdays of the whole month of May
B. Priestly – as they actively participate in liturgical-sacramental-devotional celebrations.
- Monthly Holy Eucharistic celebration in each area throughout the year
- Visita Domiciliaria
- Weekly visits to the sick
- Monthly general assembly per area
- Kasalang Bayan in February and September
- Binyagang Bayan in May and September
- Kumpisalang Bayan per area during the season of Lent
- Summer outing in April or May
- Kumpilang Bayan in November
- Community prayer for decease members
- at dawn on the first Saturday of each month
- afternoon of Holy Thursday
- eve of the feast of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal on November 26
- Marian procession in Intramuros in December
C. Kingly – as they manifest God’s kingdom through services that enhance the integrity of humanity and its environment
- Operation tuli in summer
- Dental/Medical mission in September and November
- Medical/Burial assistance as needed, under established guidelines
- Livelihood training/seminars per sponsors’ schedules
- Cleaning of the adoration chapel on assigned days
- General cleaning of the Shrine and its surroundings before the feast of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal
- Continuing service from Tindahan ni Maria, a source of basic commodities at markedly reduced prices, supported by sponsors in cash or kind
The core leaders keep the littlest of the KRISMA members in touch with how the Church goes back to Christ’s way of being with the poor through participation in the assemblies of other communities in the diocese of Paranaque.
Living and sharing Christ under the patronage of the Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal National Shrine Parish proceeds from each heart, each home, each small community.
You may also want to visit the CBCP-BEC Cyber office at http://cbcpbec.com.
Thank you very much.